Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just another day in the dog park . . .

Well, sort of. Except, this time a dog actually walked over to me, and peed ON me.

You read that right. And it's true. I actually got urinated on at the dog park tonight by some big black dog. Fascinating, huh? Let me tell you the whole story . . .

It's like, 8:30 pm., and Eric is done with his work on the basement for the night, and we're trying to decide if we feel like doing anything before watching the movie we rented last night. Then, I look over at Dino, (our 2 ½ year old Aussie Shep/Blue Heeler mix) and decide that he could use a trip to his favorite place in the world, THE DOG PARK!!

So, we grab a plastic bag and his leash (for incidentals), get in the truck, and drive the mile over to his park. Maybe it was because the weather was so nice, but honestly, there were more dogs at this dog park then we've ever seen—parking was actually an issue for a couple of minutes! Of course, in the back seat Dino looks like he's about to go Cujo on us and jump through the window if we don't hurry up and let him out.

After finding a spot and letting Dino safely exit the car, I decide that I might be better off standing by this little bridge with railings in case any of the dogs have a thing for pregnant women and want to jump up on me. After all, I didn't want to create any “awkward situations” if one of them got too close to my unborn child.

About 10 minutes go by, and I'm just watching with a smile on my face as Dino runs around and plays with the other dogs. I imagine it's kind of like watching your kid play with the other kids on the playground—you get a happy feeling knowing that they're socializing well! As I enjoy the moment at hand, I notice I'm kind of in a daze . . . just watching the dogs, enjoying the first rain-free day in so many weeks . . . when all of a sudden, my foot feels really warm. Really warm. Kinda wet. Not bad, sort of like this warm, refreshing, water was being sprayed on it. So I look down, and I see this big black dog with his leg up. Pissing on my foot at first, and now it's traveling up my leg.

That didn't just happen . . . I didn't just get peed on. So I replay the whole scene in my head, and for some reason, it's VERY funny. It really is, isn't it? Of course I couldn't get mad at the dog, or the dog's owner—he was just trying to pee on the railing of the bridge, and I happened to be standing in his way.

Unfortunately for Dino, his trip got cut a little short. I think he understood though . . .

I post this because I want you to think of this the next time you're having a bad day. Just recall this story and think to yourself, “at least somebody else's dog didn't take a leak on me.” I guarantee you'll either feel better about your situation, or at the very least, get a little chuckle.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Didn't anyone ever tell you that being peed on by a dog while pregnant is good luck? No? Oh...well...um...IT IS!! :D

Songbird said...

That is definitely one I didn't expect to hear about! Lol..funny and what is better is how you took it in stride! Thanks for sharing the story!