Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

7 Months!!

Look who remembered how to post a blog entry! I know, right--it's about time. And it's not like I haven't had the opportunity, or had any exciting topics to update you on . . . just that I had a bout of "blognesia," (where one forgets they have a blog). It's very common in areas like the South, and parts of Mexico.

So! 7 months . . . 3rd trimester . . . Sophia is ALMOST HERE! And I just have to say, I'm basically obsessed with myself right now. All I can think about is this precious little baby growing inside me. I love to feel her move . . . I love knowing that she's developing a little personality in there. Like when I rest a book or a plate of food on my stomach, and she kicks against it as if to say, "hey, get that off of me!"

I love that I can take it easy, and rest when I need to for her. I love that the majority of the meals I eat are made at home, and are good for me (for her). I'm feeling so at peace and so blessed right now.

Speaking of blessed, have you ever gotten so excited over something you never really thought was too big of a deal? Like, a kitchen light maybe? Because honestly, I've been on cloud 9 ever since Eric rewired this new light for our kitchen yesterday—it makes the whole space look different! Warmer, more inviting . . . and of course, brighter! I mean, it wasn't like we were living by candle light before . . . (grabbing Tabasco out of the refrigerator instead of the Ketchup we had in mind) but since we redid our kitchen over a year ago, we've just been using our under cabinet lighting, and the lights above our sink. I'll tell ya. It's the little things. I'm convinced of it.

Okay—leaving you with a couple pictures of my pregnant self.


This one is from my last month's visit home to NJ--it's me and my adorable "little" sister, who's 3" taller than me standing on the porch of her condo development while her equally adorable (I mean tough and masculine) husband takes our picture. P.S. I HAD SUCH A GREAT VISIT! Everything was wonderful--seeing my family, eating all the foods from home I had been craving:

  • Dunkin Donuts: decaf iced coffees, Boston cream and glazed donuts, egg sandwiches on croissants

  • Steck's Deli at the Somerville Circle: garlic pickles. A lot of them.

  • Rita's Italian Ice: Gelati, or custard.

  • Frank's Pizza: Pizza with baked ziti on it . . . mmm.

  • 25 Burgers: The #1. Your basic cheeseburger, but one of the best you'll ever have.

  • And finally . . . my Dad's eggplant parmesan, and my Mom's meatloaf.

Here's me about a month ago--it's when I was just starting to feel her move. So far, it's my favorite part of being pregnant!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a fun time!! You look great Lisa! Congrats on a cute baby, belly and good cravings! Awesome. Take care girly! Glad to hear you're back and still would love to get together for lunch. :)

Judy said...

YAY!! I love your sense of humor and how much you are loving being pregnant. MMWWAHH!

Gina said...

So happy that you are enjoying and really being conscious about your pregnancy. It's good to be aware of each moment like that. Can't wait to see pictures of her, and someday, MEET her!!