Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A weekend, a bridal shower and a demolished kitchen

I just got home last night from a nice long weekend spent in NJ with my Mom, Dad, sister, and soon-to-be brother-in-law. I had a GREAT time. Not that I ever need a reason to go home to spend time with family, but this past trip out was mainly to throw my sister her wedding shower . . . here's a picture of me and the other maids--they were awesome.


And here's my cute sister Lauren in her little hat made from all the bows off of all the gifts she got. She's awesome too.
Getting back to Salt Lake last night, and work this morning was easier then I thought it would be. It's so funny how quickly we fall back into our grooves.
Well, with the exception of walking into our kitchen . . . I think I told you all about our kitchen remodel we've been planning . . . and now it's REAL. Real, as in--we have no cabinets, and there's a nice, thick, protective coating of plaster dust on pretty much ever piece of furniture in our house. I have to make light of this situation starting now because Eric and I have both heard horror stories about how maddening having work done on your house can be. Nope. Not going to get to us though--all we see are granite counter tops, and brand new maple cabinets stained with a sweet mocha glaze. Yum.
I'll keep you all posted . . .

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hang on to your hat, Lisa! You are in for the ride of your life with that remodel! But keep that postive attitude and enjoy eating out or bringing food in and you will be fine. Do everything you can to just de-stress over it and all will be well in the end. And yes...yummy! Thanks for sharing your blog with me!