Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

I Love You 2010


I figured the blog could use a little face-lift. Something to perk it up . . . keep it fresh. What do you think? Do we like the dots?


So let me elaborate on my love of 2010. As you all know, our little mini-Dyer arrived on August 26, 2009. She weighed 6 lbs and was 20.5 inches long, (and is now up to 11.4 lbs and 24 ¼ inches).

Ever since she was born, my life has revolved around her. Partly because that's what I signed up for when I decided that I wanted to be a stay at home Mom, but mostly because she's a baby and babies let you know when they need you. I noticed pretty quick that they need you pretty much all the time. Sophia was so tiny when she was born, only 6 lbs. And she HATED to be any place other than in the arms of someone who was cuddling her. This meant that at night, she slept with Eric and I in our bed . . . sometimes ON TOP of me because if I moved to put her next to me, she would wake up . And for someone who used to never be able to sleep on her back, I got damn good at it.

Here's where the good start comes in. On January 2, Sophia slept for the entire night in her crib. (Can you hear the angels as they sing Hallelujah?) Sure, I had to get up twice to feed her . . . and a few times I had to go in and rub her back to let her know I was close by and that it was okay to fall back asleep. But she didn't end up back in our bed as she did so many other times when I attempted to leave her in her crib for the night. My will was strong, it was 2010 and I could do this!!

My next surge in serotonin arrived last night when Eric and I gave her her first bowl of rice cereal. She had one tablespoon mixed with breast milk, and when I tell you that she loved it, I'm just barely scratching the surface of how happy she was with it. She actually looked disappointed when she was finished! It was the most adorable thing I think I've ever seen. With every pink spoon full of that mushy concoction that made it into her little mouth, her tongue was doing the best it could maneuver it to where she could swallow it. The sounds were just as sweet, and it literally brought tears to my eyes to see her enjoying it so much.

And then she slept in her crib again.

Could one set of parents enjoy this much good fortune in such a limited time period? I felt like I was going to overdraft my parental bank account! Sweet Jesus, Mary, and Joseph . . . 2010 is off to a great start.

No comments: